Today Luke is reviewing the Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Ultra Sleeping Pad.
Link Big Agnes : https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Pad/insulatedaircoreultra
Numerous Sizes / Prices / Weights
Petite : 20×66 / $89 / 20oz
Regular : 20×72 / $99 / 21oz
Long : 20X78 / $109 / 23oz
Wide Regular : 25×72 / $129 / 25oz
Temp Rating : 15F
Only available in this orange color : This is a 3 – 4 season backpacking sleeping pad which off
· Light and compact three season pads
· Built-in advanced heat reflective technology
· Antimicrobial treatment inside the pad prevents microorganism growth
· Minimalist I-Beam construction reduces weight and provides consistent stability and comfort
· Larger outer chambers keep you comfortably cradled in the middle of the pad
· WRM HL™ – Ideal for sleeping pads, this durable, high-loft synthetic insulation provides exceptional warmth with minimal weight and bulk
· New double rip-stop improves tear strength and durability by 25%
· Aviation grade TPU lamination technology for ultimate durability
· High volume valve allows for efficient and easy inflation and super-fast deflation
· One way inflation valve with micro air pressure adjust button
· Quick deflation valve
· Repair kit included
Like the Air Core Ultra, the Insulated Air Core Ultra has been redesigned to offer unparalleled comfort at an incredible price. A smooth sleeping surface, larger outside tubes, high volume valve for faster inflation and quick deflation, durable rip-stop nylon top and bottom, insulated top and bottom,
Synthetic insulation and reflectivity take this sleeping pad down to 15F
There is a non-insulated version of this pad as well that is good down to 35F and it will save you around 2oz of weight if you are interested in that.
THICK! 3 ¼ inches
The outer baffles are thicker than the inner baffles and this helps to keep you centered in the middle. I toss and turn and these outer baffles help me to stay on the pad.
One way valve is awesome. You blow in and no air escapes.
Easy to adjust the amount of air that you want.
Deflation valve really works well. Very quick to release air.
Check out our web site for more information concerning everything seen on our Channel including reviews, insight into what is coming up and a chance to vote and influence our upcoming overnight adventures.
Come Join Us on Facebook and Twitter: